Jack Herer is a driven man, driven by a vision to save the world in the following way.
Use a naturally growing substance to–
– manufacture paper from, instead of cutting down forests full of trees, and
– use the oil from the seeds for lubrication instead of petroleum with its high levels of pollution, and
– use the fibers for rope, cloth, canvas, clothing, and
– use the medicinal powers of the plant to alleviate suffering, and
– reduce the prison population and associated astronomical costs of incarceration and interdiction and
– roll back the police state measures of the “drug war” restoring civil liberties to the people of America…
This video is a must-see simply for all the lost history concerning hemp that Jack Herer personally researched and recovered from the dustbin of a mind-washed America.
If you thought the film Reefer Madness was just childish nonsense that no sane adult could possibly take seriously, then you don’t know how the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act was scare-mongered into existence through complete deceit and for the benefit of a few entrenched industries. These industries simply could not compete with a freely growing plant like hemp. If you can grow your own solutions, why do you need them?
These are serious issues that affect us today, even if you’re just concerned about the truckloads of money flushed away on the failed “war” on marijuana users.
A related PLUG:
Check out Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) a network of concerned police officers, nationwide, exercising their own First Amendment rights and calling for legalization, now.