Hi guys and gals.
This blog received a threat from a company in London called “Web Sheriff” falsely claiming that a movie review of the film “Compliance” constituted “MOVIE PIRACY“.
[DMCA #1404725]: DMCA Takedown Notice
4. Infringed Movie(s) : (PIRATE COPIES)
5. Infringing Activity : COPYRIGHT / TRADEMARK FILE UPLOADING & DOWNLOADING (MOVIE PIRACY)
6. Infringing Web Site : wordpress.com
7. Infringing File Location(s) :
8. DMCA Request : Please remove Infringed Movie(s) from Infringing File Location(s) ASAP : thank you.
Of course there was never any “Infringed Movie(s)” on this blog. There was only David Sterritt’s highly NEGATIVE review of the film “Compliance” which — guess what — you can still read right now over at Counterpunch:
(by David Sterritt)
Fucking douche bags.
I stand by this post, too: