Noam Chomsky has misled what passes for “the left” in the United States since the September 11th attacks. His verbal contortions apparently get some traction amongst people who know as little about the actual evidence as he does.
A recent college appearance had Noam slinging the same ignorant blather as he has done for 12 years now, and his reasoning fails due to a) either a complete lack of understanding of international terrorism and its sponsors, or b) dishonesty.
For an alternative perspective there is Senator Bob Graham, who co-wrote the Congressional Joint Inquiry Into the Attacks of September 11th 2001, the most crucial parts of which remain censored to this day (by two administrations).
Luckily Senator Graham has the backbone to tell the public what is being censored: Re-Open the 9/11 Investigation Now
Censoring clear evidence of Saudi state complicity in the 9/11 attacks on America fits the Constitutional definition of Treason.
Chomsky’s response concerning WTC building 7 is dismissive, claiming that 2000 architects and engineers are a “miniscule” number. Noam swiftly changes tack so that these professionals, who take very real career risks by openly signing the 9/11 statement, are equated with people who learned about physics for an hour on the Internet. This sleight of hand earns Chomsky a special place in hell for the damage he has willingly done to the US, just on this one issue. He also makes ridiculous claims about investigating 9/11 being a “safe” topic, as if those who challenge the US government’s 9/11 story are not routinely attacked across the corporate media as well as on so-called “alternative” foundation-funded media. That architects and engineers would face reprisals for such political activity as this is inconceivable apparently.
But Chomsky’s Big Lie, pretty unique to himself, is a whopper of irrelevant speculation. His personal musings are given the label “evidence” with total disregard for so much actual evidence it would humble any real scholar.
Noam Chomsky’s political gibberish, which he had the stones to call “evidence that [the unelected Bush regime] weren’t involved” in the 9/11 attacks, rises to a new level of absurdity:
Noam Chomsky’s (Anti) Conspiracy Theory:
- BushCo. wanted to invade Iraq.
- The alleged perpetrators were Saudis. Phrased as “They blamed it on their major ally…”
- “Unless they’re total lunatics, they would have blamed it on Iraqis…”
There you go. Noam would have had Central Casting call up some Iraqis to blame the 9/11 attacks on, because… it’s so ridiculous. It’s astounding that adults, never mind academics in attendance, applauded such foul reasoning.
Here’s an alternative understanding, Noam. One that actually meshes with the known history of the event and US proxy wars with their partners Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, beginning in 1979 (another uncontroversial fact, see Operation Cyclone).
- US “allies” sponsor, train and help radical Sunni militia movements like Al Qaeda, Al Nusra, ISIS, MEK, LIFG, KLA, Chechen separatists…
- These groups are not directly controlled by US personnel. That’s called “plausible deniability,” a term the great professor has apparently never come across at MIT.
- The US and partners don’t just want to attack Iraq, Noam. They want the world, and they want it now. General Wesley Clark (who helped KLA destroy Serbia and Kosovo btw) told of 7 nations on the Bush regime’s hit list, immediately after 9/11.
- The “War on Terror” was not a simple pretext to attack Saddam Hussein, but a new paradigm in the face of a vanquished Soviet Union. Terrorism replaced communism as the bogey man to open the spigots of unlimited war materiel spending and unlimited surveillance, something MIT might know a thing or two about.
Chomsky has the sense to punt on questions of WTC Building 7, claiming no opinion on the matter (except for his disdain at even being asked). His opinions of what happened on 9/11 and the geopolitics of empire are hamfisted grasping at straws and desperate squeals from someone who has painted himself into a corner. Chomsky finds himself in the unfortunate position of being looked to as someone who supposedly knows what he is talking about, and yet his responses reveal that he has no desire to know about the actual September 11th attack operation at all. That the audience would applaud such mindless obfuscation is indicative of a cult of personality rather than any credibility or superior logic at work.
Chomsky assails the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth for not having enough scholarly papers published, in his opinion, and yet they do what he does. They use alternative media to get the word out. This is not an academic question but real life and death struggle for the fate of the world. US empire, Noam Chomsky should know quite well, exploits the 9/11 event to occupy, threaten and covertly destabilize a large chunk of planet earth. It is their main military recruitment meme. It is truly a day that changed history, and Chomsky doesn’t want to know what happened. He doesn’t care. He is a flagrant misleader who should have shut his mouth if he lacked the spine to learn the truth.